When my children were little, we made occasional trips across the country to see my parents. Sleeping was always an issue. That’s probably because we were in a strange environment.
They were used to sleeping in their own beds. Sleeping in a strange room, in a strange house, didn’t work well. This was in addition to the fact their schedules were upset. In addition to a time zone change, everyone stayed up really late at night. Naps were disrupted as well. I suspect this contributed to the increased tantrums.
Of course, I wouldn’t trade these memories of visiting grandparents for anything. But, at the time, life would have been much easier if my children slept better.
So, if you’re planning a trip with small children, you might want to try out a portable toddler cot beforehand. If it works well at home, it might just do the trick when you’re traveling.
Easy-to-transport cots are always handy, especially if you are planning on an overnight trip to the beach, the lake or to grandmother’s house. These portable cots are a good compromise if a little one wants to sleep in his or her parents’ bed, but you don’t want them to. But they can still sleep close enough to feel secure. Cots are also good when you’re staying in a vacation rental and you need an extra child bed.
Sleeping Cots for Toddlers
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, I receive a referral fee, at no extra cost to you.)
The Regalo My Cot is made for children and toddlers, from a sturdy steel frame, and a strong canvas bed liner. A fitted sheet can be removed for easy washing.
- This portable cot quickly folds for storage or travel. It folds in many directions, so it can fit into a cylindrical carrying case.
- This cot is easy to transport because it weighs just four pounds.
- This sleeping cot for toddlers can be used indoors or outdoors.
- It’s easy to clean, because the cover sheet can be removed and washed in a machine.
- This toddler/child bed measures 48 by 26-inches, and, when extended, sits 7-inches off the ground.
- This cot is made from non-toxic materials.
- The Regalo My Cot is designed for children aged 2 to 5, weighing up to 75 pounds.